Reports to: Transportation County Manager
The mission of PACS is to empower low-income individuals to become self-reliant through community service, assistance, education, and partnerships
- Transport passengers as assigned, abiding by all driving laws of the State of Kentucky and/or area where driving
- Follow all PACS driver policies
- Complete all necessary paperwork
- Communicate with dispatch office regularly
- Wash/vacuum/sweep vehicle daily
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or GED required
On the job training for the following. Must be complete within 90 days of hire.
- CPR certification
- First Aid certification
- Bloodborne pathogen certification
- PACS Driver Training module
- Assist passengers on and off vehicles.
- On lift equipped vehicles, must be able to assist wheelchairs and operate lift, on all other vehicles, and must be able to deploy ramps manually.
- Wide range of mobility including walking, climbing steps to 18-20 inch riser repeatedly, sitting, stooping, bending, and carrying necessary to perform job related activities, and possible evacuation in emergencies.
- Working in and out of outside temperatures ranging from 0 degree to 100 degrees for up to 10 hours per day.
- Physically able to perform with degree of dexterity such as holding steering wheel with both hands, pumping own fuel, and the ability to fasten and unfasten passenger seat belts.
- Must be able to sit behind the steering wheel and maneuver between the seats.
- Listen and communicate with a 2-way radio or cellular phone.
- Vision sufficiently correctable to permit full performance of all job duties.
- Must maintain current general physical.
- Must be able to check all vehicles fluid levels.
- Ease a client carefully onto the ground, hard surface, or floor to perform CPR.
- Must be able to push a client in their wheelchair up and down ADA wheelchair ramps.
- Must be able to lift/manipulate up to 50 pounds from one place to another.
- Must be able to work on floor of vehicle to attach securement straps to vehicle and wheelchair.
- Must be able to manually pump up and stow wheelchair platform lift with a client on the platform.
This employer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.