In Home Specialist - CCC

Mayfield, KY
Full Time
Entry Level

Position Summary: The Specialist is delegated responsibility necessary for the effective provision of in-home services in their assigned service area and is fully accountable to the PACS/Community Collaboration for Children’s (CCC) Supervisor and the Family Preservation Program (FPP) Director/Supervisor or Designee for his/her performance.


  • Meet with the family referred for in-home services within twenty-four (24) hours of receipt of the referral unless contract requirements state otherwise.
  • Evaluate the appropriateness of the referral in consultation with the PACS/CCC Supervisor and/or FPP Program Director/Supervisor and evaluate whether or not to accept the family referred for services then notify the referring worker of the Specialist’s assessment.
  • To promote the safety of the child in the home, the In-Home Specialist will provide the following
  • Provide in-home services to families in their homes 
  • Provide services that are responsive to the needs of the individual families, community and referral source 
  • Maintain contractual standards for intensive in-home services to families 
  • Help families expand their competence in problem-solving skills and coping abilities.
  • Promote the family’s access to community resources by acting as a broker for services on the family’s behalf when authorized by the family.
  • Serve as a liaison between families and key organizations to facilitate mutual awareness of changes in policies and procedures.
  • Provide client advocacy with schools, courts, social service agencies and others when requested by the family.
  •  Attend and participate in weekly team and individual case consultation and supervision within PACS/FPP.
  • Keep timely and thorough documentation reflecting services and contacts with families and collateral.
  • Perform other duties as assigned by the PACS/CCC Supervisor, PACS/FPP Program Director, PACS Executive Director or PACS Assistant Executive Director.
  • Transporting clients as a part of this job is not required. By doing so the Specialist incurs all liability for the client and other non PACS employees.


1. Hold a bachelor’s degree in a human services area, OR

2. Hold a bachelor’s degree in an area outside of human services but have at least one year of experience providing In-Home services, OR

3. Have two years of experience providing In-Home services which includes parent education for children and families.

4. Workers must have valid driver’s license and insurance.

Funding for this advertisement is through the KY CHFS/FPP & CCC Programs

This employer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.


Apply for this position

Apply with Indeed
We've received your resume. Click here to update it.
Attach resume as .pdf, .doc, .docx, .odt, .txt, or .rtf (limit 5MB) or Paste resume

Paste your resume here or Attach resume file

To comply with government Equal Employment Opportunity and/or Affirmative Action reporting regulations, we are requesting (but NOT requiring) that you enter this personal data. This information will not be used in connection with any employment decisions, and will be used solely as permitted by state and federal law. Your voluntary cooperation would be appreciated. Learn more.

Invitation for Job Applicants to Self-Identify as a U.S. Veteran
  • A “disabled veteran” is one of the following:
    • a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs; or
    • a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service-connected disability.
  • A “recently separated veteran” means any veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
  • An “active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran” means a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
  • An “Armed forces service medal veteran” means a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985.
Veteran status

Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability Form CC-305
OMB Control Number 1250-0005
Expires 04/30/2026
Why are you being asked to complete this form?

We are a federal contractor or subcontractor. The law requires us to provide equal employment opportunity to qualified people with disabilities. We have a goal of having at least 7% of our workers as people with disabilities. The law says we must measure our progress towards this goal. To do this, we must ask applicants and employees if they have a disability or have ever had one. People can become disabled, so we need to ask this question at least every five years.

Completing this form is voluntary, and we hope that you will choose to do so. Your answer is confidential. No one who makes hiring decisions will see it. Your decision to complete the form and your answer will not harm you in any way. If you want to learn more about the law or this form, visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) website at

How do you know if you have a disability?

A disability is a condition that substantially limits one or more of your “major life activities.” If you have or have ever had such a condition, you are a person with a disability. Disabilities include, but are not limited to:

  • Alcohol or other substance use disorder (not currently using drugs illegally)
  • Autoimmune disorder, for example, lupus, fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, HIV/AIDS
  • Blind or low vision
  • Cancer (past or present)
  • Cardiovascular or heart disease
  • Celiac disease
  • Cerebral palsy
  • Deaf or serious difficulty hearing
  • Diabetes
  • Disfigurement, for example, disfigurement caused by burns, wounds, accidents, or congenital disorders
  • Epilepsy or other seizure disorder
  • Gastrointestinal disorders, for example, Crohn's Disease, irritable bowel syndrome
  • Intellectual or developmental disability
  • Mental health conditions, for example, depression, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, schizophrenia, PTSD
  • Missing limbs or partially missing limbs
  • Mobility impairment, benefiting from the use of a wheelchair, scooter, walker, leg brace(s) and/or other supports
  • Nervous system condition, for example, migraine headaches, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis (MS)
  • Neurodivergence, for example, attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia, dyspraxia, other learning disabilities
  • Partial or complete paralysis (any cause)
  • Pulmonary or respiratory conditions, for example, tuberculosis, asthma, emphysema
  • Short stature (dwarfism)
  • Traumatic brain injury
Please check one of the boxes below:

PUBLIC BURDEN STATEMENT: According to the Paperwork Reduction Act of 1995 no persons are required to respond to a collection of information unless such collection displays a valid OMB control number. This survey should take about 5 minutes to complete.

You must enter your name and date
Human Check*