The In-Home Specialist provides direct in-home services to families referred by DCBS in order to address identified risk factors and reasonably ensure the safety and well-being of the children in family; thereby, preventing the unnecessary placement of the children into out of home care.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide direct intervention services to families at risk of having their children placed in out of home care by using an intensive, in-home evidence based service model as well as use research-based nationally recognized curricula, assessments, or other appropriate tools with families served in order to reduce or avoid the need for out of home placement. In Home Specialist may also provide reunification services to a child returning or has returned home from placement.
- Services to be provided to children ages 0-17 years.
- In-Home Specialist will work a forty-hour non-structured work week.
- In-Home Specialist is to carry a caseload that adheres to the approved EBP model and best practice. PACS uses EBP SBC.
- At least half of the services provided will occur in the family’s home or other natural community setting.
- In-Home Specialist will aid in the solution of practical problems which contribute to family stress so as to affect parental performance and enhanced functioning of the family unit.
- In-Home Specialist will arrange for additional assistance, including but not limited to, housing, childcare, education, job training, emergency cash grants, state and federally funded public assistance, and other basic support needs.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or other relevant Human Services area of study;
- Professional experience providing relevant treatment services to families is preferred;
- Experience working with multi-problem families and children, in addition to knowledge of crisis intervention, developing behaviorally specific goals, cognitive/behavioral interventions, communication skills, and the ability teach skills is beneficial.
- Must pass criminal background check, CAN check, and pre-employment drug testing.
- Specialists must have valid driver’s license and insurance.
Funding for this advertisement is through the KY CHFS/FPP & CCC Programs
This employer provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, this employer complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.